Saturday, July 24, 2010

Best Love

I remember like it was yesterday, the day I first saw your face.
I remember your smile so vividly, your beauty and your grace.
But little did I know. I could not comprehend,
that you would touch my life so much by becoming my best friend.

Your hand embraced with mine, the star lit sky did see
How, although my chest was pounding, I dropped down to one knee.
I didn't think my heart had room, for my love to grow
There's just no way to love you more, but how little did I know.

Dressed in white, our eyes then met, standing in that sacred room.
When we both agreed to be man and wife my love for you did bloom.
I cannot explain. My heart just grew. I've never felt this way.
But little did I know, that I'd love you more each day.

The memories remain, yet those days are now long past.
The time has gone so sweet and slow, but at the same time fast.
My love for you is greater now, than it ever was before.
But little do I know right now, how much I'll love you more.

No comments: